… and thanks to a little cold I picked up and some car drama, I’m more behind than expected. So a quick update, bullet-point style:
- I had a few CD reviews run in last week’s Las Vegas Weekly, of new discs by local bands Theory of Flight and Onara. Two very different approaches. Check ’em out.
- I’m meeting a photographer tonight from The Rebel Yell, my alma mater’s newspaper (which I edited for a short time during my undergrad), for an article about my comic book creations that I think is running in tomorrow’s issue. Of course I’ll keep you posted.
- I’m pretty sure I’ve rounded out the line-up for the first issue of Omega Comics Presents, the new comic anthology series I’m starting next year. Should be good. More soon.
- Outside of sitting on the couch watching Smallville (and I have to say, Season 8 is making up for the last few seasons) yesterday, I did manage to sign, pack and mail all the pre-ordered copies of The Utopian #1. This is what the home office looked like last night:
- If you DIDN’T pre-order the first issue, no worries: You can now order both the standard and deluxe editions directly from IndyPlanet — and even get a preview of the new splash page artwork. You just won’t get signed copies or discounts on shipping. Sorry. But if you want ’em signed, come see me on Nov. 7!
- Some changes are coming for As Yet Unbroken. Don’t want to talk about it too much right now as we have a meeting about it this weekend, but suffice it to say, things are happening.
That’s it. I’ll have a wrap-up on the Florida trip and other goodies soon. Just wanted to check it. Booyah!